Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In this guide you´ll find information on how to ...
- find your way to main information resources
- organize information searches
- find books, journals and articles
- search for materials in specific subject fields
- find assistance if or when needed
Here´s where you´ll find library materials in the library building Þjóðarbókhlaða
- books for circulation on the 3rd and 4th floors
- reference material on the 2nd floor. Reference material can not be borrowed
- printed journals, newspapers and student theses till 2008 on the 3rd floor
- reserve collection materials on 4th floor
- audiovisual material and sound recordings on the 4th floor. DVD's can be borrowed for 3 days
- the Icelandic national collection, Special collections, Women´s history archives and the Manuscript department are on the first floor. Items are only for use in the reading room
E-resources are either accessed through
- Open access
- Nationwide access
- The University network (subscriptions of the library/University of Iceland)
Students and staff at the University of Iceland can access subscriptions from home via VPN Connection.